Submitted by Judith Siers-Poisson on
The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, a trade association of car and light truck manufacturers, has launched "EcoDriving," "a national campaign intended to empower consumers on an individual basis to reduce fuel use and CO2 emissions." The campaign will utilize social networking, events, and media outreach to "offers manufacturers an opportunity to show consumers they are part of the solution." Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the Environmental Defense Fund have all endorsed the campaign. But as CMD previously reported, the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers employed PR firm Fleishman-Hillard in 2007 to oppose efforts to raise fuel mileage standards to 52 miles per gallon by 2030.
Blogger replied on Permalink
How to get more out of your car
How to get more out of your car.
· Drive more smoothly: harsh accelerating and braking use up much more fuel
· Avoid excessive speed, especially on motorways
· Watch ahead to anticipate when to slow down or stop well in advance
· Change gear as soon as possible, ideally around 1,500-2,500 revs
· Once the engine is warm, turn it off if you are going to stop for longer than a minute
· Keep tyre pressure at right level
· Take any excess baggage out of the car, and racks and boxes off the roof
· Switch off or turn down air conditioning and heating
· Avoid unnecessary trips
· Buy a more efficient car
Hope this can helps you to save the earth.