Tea Party groups are planning to attend a rally on Saturday, February 18 to show support for Scott Walker's effort to dismantle over fifty years of collective bargaining rights in his "budget repair bill." The rally is planned by the Koch brothers- funded Americans for Prosperity, the Sam Adams Alliance-funded American Majority, and several Wisconsin Tea Party groups.
Scheduled to appear are:
- Andrew Breitbart, right-wing superstar and founder of Big Government
- Tim Phillips, president of Koch-funded Americans for Prosperity
- Jim Hoft of the "Gateway Pundit" blog (who recently blamed CBS reporter Lara Hogan for her sexual assault in Egypt)
- Ned Ryun, President of American Majority
- Herman Cain, Tea Partier and 2012 presidential candidate (who has hired as his campaign director Mark Block, former director of Wisconsin Americans for Prosperity investigated for repeat fair election law violations)
- Vicki McKenna, talk radio host for Madison's WISN and WIBA (who claims "liberals want to assassinate Scott Walker")
The rally is scheduled from Noon-3pm at the capitol's South entrance (corner of Main, S. Carroll & Hamilton).
AFP media director Mary Ellen Burke says that ten buses from around the state will be transporting people to the rally.